Dear Redeemed Girl Family:
We are reaching out today to ask you to join us in prayer for the people of southeast Texas affected by Hurricane Harvey. Houston, Corpus Christi, and many surrounding areas are completely devastated. Many of us call these areas home.
I will be on Facebook Live tonight at 5 pm to pray for the flooding in Houston, and I ask that you join us in prayer. Please unite with us in prayer at that time for God to move in a miraculous way.
In the meantime, here are a few tangible ways you can help:
1. Donate: Please donate cash, not supplies to reputable organizations. Money will get to Houston faster than supplies. “Unlike material donations, cash involves no transportation costs, shipping delays, or customs fees. It also enables relief organizations to spend more time providing aid by spending less time managing goods.” http://abc13.com/weather/how-to-help-the-victims-of-hurricane-harvey/2348094/
- Red Cross: The organization is urging people to call 1-800-RED CROSS or text HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation for those in need. You can also visit redcross.org or call 1- 800-RED CROSS.
- Salvation Army: Donors can visit helpsalvationarmy.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY to help.
2. Give blood: It is reported that the blood banks are running extremely low. So no matter where you are reading this today, if you donate blood you can help those in desperate need. Please donate blood today!
- Volunteer: The American Red Cross in Texas has asked people to volunteer. The office announced on Friday that it would be training volunteers at their shelters through a “fast=track” course. The Salvation Army also announced it would be accepting volunteers to hand out supplies and food at shelters. Check for a local group in your area that is sending volunteers.
4. Pray! Please join us in praying for God move in this crisis to bring healing, hope and glory to His name.
- Pray for the waters to recede.
- Pray for Harvey to move and dissolve in Jesus’ Name.
- Pray for lives to be saved.
- Pray for men and women, young and old to trust Jesus as Savior in the midst of this.
- Pray for the church in Houston to rise up as the light in the midst of this darkness.
Standing in the Gap for Texas,